Gibson Brands Forums

Slash's Guitar 1 Capacitor

Figstrum

I have read in a couple of places that the Slash model guitar has one capacitor only. I am assuming that the one capacitor would be installed somewhere with the tone pots. But, can anyone tell me how having one capacitor affects the tone of a guitar? And, why would you install just one capacitor?

I have read in a couple of places that the Slash model guitar has one capacitor only. I am assuming that the one capacitor would be installed somewhere with the tone pots. But' date=' can anyone tell me how having one capacitor affects the tone of a guitar? And, why would you install just one capacitor?[/quote']

Here's my thoughts...There are many configurations of wiring possible and it depends on

how the pickups are selected and their configuration.

I believe that on the Slash LP model, Gibson use a proprietary "Slash" tone circuit, so unless

a diagram can be found for it, one would have to look on how a real Slash LP is wired up.

The wiring could be based on the Fender style wiring with one tone cap shared

between the two tone pots. That would be a master volume (or maybe two volumes)

and the tone pots share one capacitor, or something entirely different.

I would think that the tone of his guitar would depend on the type of pickups and how that tone

circuit is used.

Guest icantbuyafender

His LP uses a piezo bridge in addition to the humbuckers.

Toggle switch between the knobs is used to switch between piezo, blend the humbuckers and piezo, or just the humbuckers.

Its got 3 volumes (neck, bridge, piezo) and a master tone pot.

The one tone pot is the reason there is only one capacitor.

I believe he uses the fishman tuneomatic system.

His LP uses a piezo bridge in addition to the humbuckers.

Toggle switch between the knobs is used to switch between piezo' date=' blend the humbuckers and piezo, or just the humbuckers.

Its got 3 volumes (neck, bridge, piezo) and a master tone pot.

The one tone pot is the reason there is only one capacitor.

I believe he uses the fishman tuneomatic system.

[/quote']

Interesting, but I assume you are talking about his custom LP or the Slash models

that Epiphone offered.

I made a LP semi-acoustic with 2 humbuckers and a LR Baggs piezo

t-o-m. + the 9Volt blend preamp .

On mine, I kept the conventional 2 vols/2tones with push-pulls for coil splits, and installed an extra volume

and tone on the piezo bridge.

The piezo can be selected by itself via a three way mini toggle that comes with the

blend preamp and the humbuckers via the conventional 3-way.

Lots of different tone variations, but too many knobs, and the wiring is quite complicated.

Guest icantbuyafender
Interesting' date=' but I assume you are talking about his custom LP or the Slash models

that Epiphone offered.

I made a LP semi-acoustic with 2 humbuckers and a LR Baggs piezo

t-o-m. + the 9Volt blend preamp .

On mine, I kept the conventional 2 vols/2tones with push-pulls for coil splits, and installed an extra volume

and tone on the piezo bridge.

The piezo can be selected by itself via a three way mini toggle that comes with the

blend preamp and the humbuckers via the conventional 3-way.

Lots of different tone variations, but too many knobs, and the wiring is quite complicated. [/quote']

Im refering to the gibson custom he uses.

Not the gibson usa repros that are basic LP standards but with SD alnico II's and treble bleeds.

Archived