Gibson Brands Forums

P/U for Masterbilt AJ & DR Models

abbeyroadman

I am thinking about adding a P/U to my DR500M, for small casual cafe-type settings and home use. Two questions for any Masterbilt AJ or DR owners who have added a P/U:

1. What P/U did you choose, and why?

2. What amplifier do you use, and why?

Thanks in advance for a response.

Regards,

Hey a-r-m, hang in there you should get an answer. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you but I do have a question. I'm interested in the EF500M Fingerstyle to replace an old Penco A-12DLX which is a Martin D28 copy. I’m looking for a 1.75 nut width which is offered on the EF500M. How do you like your Masterbilt? And did you ever compare the 1.68 to the 1.75 nut?

Hi MickeyNJ -

My Masterbilt is a gem - I couldn't be more pleased. The price point is so reasonable to me that I know I will acquire another (used) to have for alternate tuning. Before the Masterbilt, I used my 1970-vintage Ovation 12-string, minus the octaves, as my acoustic guitar. The Ovation neck width is about 1.875, which is great for finger-style songs, and for strumming. The Masterbilt with a narrower neck is easier for barre chords, and I've been able to adjust for the finger-style songs that I play. I switch back and forth between the two, trying different strings, etc. Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi Mel -

Thank you for the info. The K & K Pure Western Mini. as been given excellent reviews' date=' even when compared to the competition. Installation seems reasonable - found a great link with plenty of pics.

Regards,[/quote']

I'm interested in th k&k too. Heard nothing but great things about the PWM. Can you post the link you found for fitting it please?

Thanks, Matt

Archived