Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help identifying Epiphone guitar

sweb37

Hi,

I'm a new guitarist and just bought this Black Epiphone Explorer. I don't know the exact model number, and can't seem to find it, so I was hoping the Epiphone community could help me out by giving me a model number and an estimated value.

Thanks in advance.

It's stock, except for the EMG pickups.

The serial number is U06041360

etd0mu.jpg

14t3ss3.jpg

acxtag.jpg

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Unsung Plant, Korea

April 2006

Production Number: 1360

Un Sung Musical Instrument Co.

Un Sung Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. was established in 1987, Inchon, Korea. They have productive capability 50,000 of Electric Guitars and basses a year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Silver Star'.

Now that is interesting. I'm a huge Explorer fan, and I can't recall ever seeing one of those. Seems to have half the features of a standard Explorer, and half those of a Gothic Explorer. It looks like someone's taken a normal black Explorer and slapped black hardware/pickguard/TRC/knobs on it. Hmrm.

Now that is interesting. I'm a huge Explorer fan' date=' and I can't recall ever seeing one of those. Seems to have half the features of a standard Explorer, and half those of a Gothic Explorer. It looks like someone's taken a normal black Explorer and slapped black hardware/pickguard/TRC/knobs on it. Hmrm.[/quote']

That was my first thought as well. I love the guitar either way, and I was just curious about it since I hadn't seen one like this either.

Nice avatar. Claudio Sanchez is who made me want to start playing.

Nice avatar. Claudio Sanchez is who made me want to start playing.

:)

It was actually Travis who got me into guitars (my first is/was a Les Paul) but Claudio eventually put me onto the idea of Explorers, and when I tried one out I just had to have it. #-o

:)

It was actually Travis who got me into guitars (my first is/was a Les Paul) but Claudio eventually put me onto the idea of Explorers' date=' and when I tried one out I just had to have it. #-o [/quote']

I was definitely fortunate to have this as a first guitar.

Just wish I'd started sooner.

Archived