Gibson Brands Forums

Upgrading electronics in '08 Sheraton II

Gazoo

Hi all.

I am planning on replacing all of the electronics on my 08' Epi Sheraton II. Love the guitar but the time has come to upgrade the guts. Front runners are TV Jones, Gibson, and Seymour Duncan but I haven't decided firmly on anything. I'm looking to replace pots, capacitor, switch, jack, and pickups. Now I suppose I should just replace all the internals with Gibson parts and a set of 57' classics but I am having a hard time making up my mind since there are so many choices out there. I've played guitar for about 16 years now but I'm still pretty new to electric and have a hard time deciding on replacement parts because I have little or no experience to base my decision on.

First off I plan on having it done by a guitar tech since there is little or no room to work on this particular guitar and I have neither the time or the experience to do so. I play mostly blues and old time rock and am hoping to get into rockabilly a little more. I'll be buying a new amp afterwards but for now I'd like to focus on upgrading the internals. Your comments or suggestions are appreciated. Reasons for the upgrade are first I love the guitar but believe the internals are not the greatest, second want to have a nice clean guitar sound so wherever I wander within blues or rock the guitar can follow.

Any suggestions of products to use and others to stay away from?

Also a new Amp will follow I currently have a Vox VT30 which is a great little pretender but that too needs an upgrade. I really like this little Fender 15W Tweed I found. Clean as a whistle!

Your comments are appreciated.

Hi all.

I am planning on replacing all of the electronics on my 08' Epi Sheraton II. Love the guitar but the time has come to upgrade the guts. Front runners are TV Jones' date=' Gibson, and Seymour Duncan but I haven't decided firmly on anything. I'm looking to replace pots, capacitor, switch, jack, and pickups. Now I suppose I should just replace all the internals with Gibson parts and a set of 57' classics but I am having a hard time making up my mind since there are so many choices out there. I've played guitar for about 16 years now but I'm still pretty new to electric and have a hard time deciding on replacement parts because I have little or no experience to base my decision on.

First off I plan on having it done by a guitar tech since there is little or no room to work on this particular guitar and I have neither the time or the experience to do so. I play mostly blues and old time rock and am hoping to get into rockabilly a little more. I'll be buying a new amp afterwards but for now I'd like to focus on upgrading the internals. Your comments or suggestions are appreciated. Reasons for the upgrade are first I love the guitar but believe the internals are not the greatest, second want to have a nice clean guitar sound so wherever I wander within blues or rock the guitar can follow.

Any suggestions of products to use and others to stay away from?

Also a new Amp will follow I currently have a Vox VT30 which is a great little pretender but that too needs an upgrade. I really like this little Fender 15W Tweed I found. Clean as a whistle!

Your comments are appreciated.[/quote']

I don't think you can go wrong the the Gibson '57 classics. I recently got an ES-339 and I LOVE it. It sounds amazing and I think your Sherry would sound just like it with the same electronics. I totally recommend the '57s.

I also just put Duncans (the hotrodded set) in my EPI LP Custom and it sounds fantastic as well, so you probably couldn't go wrong there either. For the hollow body tone, get the '57s.

Good luck

Archived