Gibson Brands Forums

To my surprise...... 'Epi Prototype'

GibsonWarrior

I opened up the rear control cover of my 2005 Epi Alpine white Custom SG400 with maestro the other day following on from the thread regards ply guitars to find mine is solid mahogany (and shes a heavy SGbtw!) but to my surprise the cover inside has a barcode and the words Epi Prototype.

Now my guitar has a serial number and looks stock. Any ideas what this might be? I got it secondhand here in the UK. The playability and construction is well out there - some of the best ive seen from a 'regular' epiphone.

Could it be a Rossetti (then the UK dealers) Prototype? or a show guitar?

I will get some pics up tonight.....

I opened up the rear control cover of my 2005 Epi Alpine white Custom SG400 with maestro the other day following on from the thread regards ply guitars to find mine is solid mahogany (and shes a heavy SGbtw!) but to my surprise the cover inside has a barcode and the words Epi Prototype.

Now my guitar has a serial number and looks stock. Any ideas what this might be? I got it secondhand here in the UK. The playability and construction is well out there - some of the best ive seen from a 'regular' epiphone.

Could it be a Rossetti (then the UK dealers) Prototype? or a show guitar?

I will get some pics up tonight.....

Could just be a prototype cover?

Archived