Gibson Brands Forums

Hello From New Member! Showing Off My New Epi Mandolin!

binarygraphite

Hello all!

Well I thought I'd sign up here and say hi! I recently got a new addition to my stringed instrument family, a cute little Epi MM-50 Mandolin. This is actually my third my third Epi as I also have a Custom Shop Limited Edition Dot (electric) and an EJ-200/VS (acoustic).

I'm very pleased with the little mandolin; really my dad likes their sound, but since he doesn't play, he usually plants bugs in my ears and I cave too easily... which is a good thing cause I love music.

Most people show pictures of their new toys, but I decided to make a video about it (well how to tune one) since I do quite a few vids on a regular basis anyway (usually on photography though). So if you want to see her, here's the link for ya:

I'm really looking forward to learning this instrument and I'm happy to say that Amazon managed to ship a book I ordered on the topic; Mel Bay's Complete Mandolin Method. Looks like a decent book / DVD. At least I can spend the weekend practicing.

Anyway, when I learn to play some tunes on her I'll come right back here and post some vids of that. Nice to meet you all!

Imre.

P.S. Anyone mind sharing any tips for a beginner Mandoliner?

Archived