Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Flying V '58 Korina Reissue - ground wire in odd spot?

teslafan

I had my guitar recently adjusted with new strings and a new input selector switch. When I got it back I noticed what appeared to be some leftover low E string stuck in the G string hole where the strings go through the body. Since I've had an issue with notes on the 21st and 22nd frets cutting out or decaying on me I was curious as to what this was. So I loosened up the strings enough to pull up the triangular plate where the strings go through and this actually wasn't a piece of old guitar string but some sort of ground. Is this standard on these guitars? The pickups were swapped out so there has been some after market work done. Link to picture:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5672/dsc0047g.jpg

-Yep, that's your ground wire. It's held down by the bridge plate. Teles are set up the same way. On Les Pauls the ground wire is wedged between the body and the stop bar threaded insert. Nothing wrong with your guitar at all. Just make sure that when you put the bridge plate back on, you have the ground over the face of the guitar so it makes a good connection.

L8R,

Matt

Archived