Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton Bridge

shane110111

Hi there, I want to replace the tune-o-matic on my Sheraton since it buzzes alot when Im playing acousticly. I want to replace it with something new. I really like the look of the older Gibson "Harmonica" bridges like this one http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_harmonicagibson.htm

Would one of these fit onto the Sheraton without having to drill new holes?

Well you're might run into a problem right off the bat with a Gibson bridge, your Epi bridge posts are metric and I see the Gibby's are too, but not sure they are the same. I imagine the holes in the bridge where the posts go are a different size too. So you won't be able to drop that bridge onto your posts. I'd measure and be sure it's gonna fit! They make replacement bridges for Epiphones, they're on Ebay and most of the guitar parts stores online.

One of the others here probably know for sure.............

Welcome to the forum!

Hi there' date=' I want to replace the tune-o-matic on my Sheraton since it buzzes alot when Im playing acousticly. I want to replace it with something new. I really like the look of the older Gibson "Harmonica" bridges like this one http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_harmonicagibson.htm

Would one of these fit onto the Sheraton without having to drill new holes?[/quote']

I put one on a Lucille some time ago, I did have to move the posts a little. It was awhile ago, but I think I just enlarged the hole, slid the stud over about 1mm and used some wood slivers & filler to secure it. Some Sheratons have different sized bridges, so I would find out the exact spacing of the bridge and compare it with your bridge.

Also, I'm pretty sure you will have to replace the anchors, so you probably will have some work to do to get it to fit.

Lucille%20cu%2090.jpg

BTW, I didn't like it at all and ended up replacing it with a Gotoh bridge.

Lucy_90_body.jpg

Archived