Gibson Brands Forums

Tarnished p-ups

yobbos1

Just wipe 'em down every now and then. Beyond that, just wear 'em out! Ironically, the pups that replaced the stock units in my Sherri, are antiquities, and are tarnished and corroded by design. No joke...well it is funny though, that Seymour himself hand makes each one to both look and sound like 50 year old PAF's...they do sound good, and they do look like they've been rode hard and put up wet. I tried to wipe some of the stains off...nope, ain't happening. I don't waste my time any more. [glare]

Anyone got a solution for tarnished gold pickups?

As the Beatles once sang' date=' "Let It Be". Unless you're a collector and just want to look at your guitar from time

to time, this is going to happen as part of the normal wear and tear of the guitar. If you're looking for non-tarnish,

then go chrome. I have goldplated hardware on my Sheraton-II and it's showing it's wear, even though I wipe my

guitar down after playing it. I notice since I gig more and more now that it seems to tarnish quicker because of

hand sweat. But, hey...I think it gives the guitar a little character, like a person who plays in the game and is

not just a spectator. [glare

Archived