Gibson Brands Forums

Ready made wiring kit for Sheraton upgrade?

incredibledisc

Hi all,

Although I've been playing for a long time I'm still very much a noob when it comes to upgrading. So far all I've done is take the scratchplate off my Les Paul and drop a pair of Seth Lover's into it (I got a friend to do the soldering).

I have a Korean Sheraton II that I am hankering to start modding after seeing some of the efforts of other forum members. After much deliberation I am going to put Kent Armstrong P90s into her and see what happens. From trawling through many posts of the matter it would seem that most forumites prefer to replace the stock pots/switches/caps etc while their in there due to the awkwardness of doing the job on a semi hollow. However, I've no real inclination to start messing around with the guts of the guitar myself. Again, from reading posts I've been able to look at various websites which offer "ready assembled" wiring kits which I assume any competent guitar tech should be able to fit. Most of these sites seem to be based in the USA however - does anyone know of a UK based alternative? Failing that, would any more technically minded forumites be able to build a kit for me if I paid for parts and time?

Thanks in advance.

Mojo will ship direct to the UK. Joe Samick had them send at least one kit to Sweden for his Joe Pass (same PUP config), with no problems. (Joe, jump in here.)

Check this recent thread:http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14268

Yeah, I figured getting them to ship here was not a problem but was trying to keep the cost down - shipping from US to UK not as cheap as it used to be (damn recession!) also there is usually customs duties to pay on top of the cost of the item and shipping... unless anyone knows different?

Archived