Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ160e or IB Texan ?

Rockanrolla

I have been raving on to my mates about my new IB Texan, and they all agree its an awesome guitar.

One of my mates has decided to get one, but his dilema is....... for him to convince his wife he needs a new guitar and to keep his maritle harmony he has decided to sell one first. He has a few really nice guitars, he has a great Taylor acoustic and a couple of awesome electrics and an Epiphone EJ160e, that we both purchased around the same time, we both have similar tastes in music and both play in our band "muppet summer" and occasionally guest for local band "the turds".

So the conclusion was the EJ160e, but He is not sure weather he wants to part with his Korean made John Lennon guitar for a Chinese made Texan, I have given my opinion and he says he is split.

I just wondered if any of you guys rate the EJ160e (MIK) in as high a reguard as the new IB Texan.

I'd stick with the EJ 160 E ,it's just about as good as you can get for the price,even my Made in Indonesia is better than many guitars costing hundreds more the sound is very faithful to the original and the action is really comfortable.

----------------------------------------------------------

Archived