Gibson Brands Forums

Jesus, I messed up all my D'Adarrio strings :( :( :'(

alans056

I don't actually own any guitars at this point with split shaft tuners' date=' and I know that you put the end of the string in the centre hole. That's what I like about it, the fact that it's neat and there are no sharp ends. I was talking about my restringing method in general, for regular tuners.

[/quote']

Oh, OK.

Don't mean to be a wise-*** but geez guys, stringing up a guitar isn't the same as making a computer from scratch. You don't need 3 hands and you don't really need a crank (but for a buck or so, its worth having). I guess I've done several dozen over the past 3 - 4 years and even the very first ones weren't a big deal. Pull the string in place over the bridge and nut, measure off about 1 1/2" past the tuner (a little less for the fat strings), crimp the string 90 degrees, shove it into the tuner hole inside to outside, loop a coil over the tuner and string end, hold it down and crank it on counter-clockwise. Get it taut, stretch it, tune it to pitch, stretch it again and again, tune it and its done.

Certainly, like everyone else, I've pranged a finger with an e or b string a couple times at first, but come on, it ain't as hard as some are making it out to be. I repeat, no "smarter than you" stuff here, just what I think.

Archived