Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Svet?

matiac

You have a picture of several Gibson guitars that I took the liberty of making my computers wallpaper (I hope you don't mind). Anyway, I was noticing your 2 Les Pauls, the Goldtop and the 'Burst, the bridges have different angles, unless it's a trick of photo angle. The Goldtops bridge is almost parallel with the pickup, while the 'Bursts bridge is noticeably angled, and I'm wondering if Gibsons assembly people just "eyeball" that, is it an intonation issue with each guitar that requires more or less angle? Then I took out my most beloved, and trusted Blue Bomber, and it's bridge is almost exactly between your Goldtop and your 'Burst. So is that an individual thing for each guitar?

You have a picture of several Gibson guitars that I took the liberty of making my computers wallpaper (I hope you don't mind). Anyway' date=' I was noticing your 2 Les Pauls, the Goldtop and the 'Burst, the bridges have different angles, unless it's a trick of photo angle. The Goldtops bridge is almost parallel with the pickup, while the 'Bursts bridge is noticeably angled, and I'm wondering if Gibsons assembly people just "eyeball" that, is it an intonation issue with each guitar that requires more or less angle? Then I took out my most beloved, and trusted Blue Bomber, and it's bridge is almost exactly between your Goldtop and your 'Burst. So is that an individual thing for each guitar?[/quote']

Hi Matiac, which picture are you referring to? I've never noticed a difference, I'll pull them out and have a look. I wouldn't think there would be a variance and would imagine it is all set with the CNC machine.

The picture with the SG, 335, 175, and the Firebird, if you look at them, the bridge angle (looks) different on each guitar, the Goldtops almost straight, while the others is noticeably angled, making me wonder if thats something done for each guitar...

gibsons2.jpg?t=1271511165

I think what you're seeing above is the result of how the guitars are resting on their stands. Some of them have a shallow angle and are sort of slouching. This gives an illusion and makes the bass side of the bridge look as though it is more inferior or distal.

I dunno, it's not as obvious in the picture of the two, but I also notice the distance from the bridge to the tail is different on each guitar, on the 'Burst it's closer, unless maybe the bridge on the Goldtops thinner?

Hm, must just be me, I didn't measure anything on mine, just eyeballed everything in relation to the pictures, weird how angles can play tricks like that. Anyone ever tell you you have a HELL of a guitar collection, let's not even talk about your amps!

Hm' date=' must just be me, I didn't measure anything on mine, just eyeballed everything in relation to the pictures, weird how angles can play tricks like that. Anyone ever tell you you have a HELL of a guitar collection, let's not even talk about your amps![/quote']

Hi Matiac, Eyeballing is dangerous!! I'm pretty sure they cut with a CNC and all the LP's are the same. This would ensure lower production costs but it sure doesn't translate into lower street costs. I have been very fortunate and made some good and sometimes lucky decisions which has allowed me to acquire my stuff. I think the best thing I did was I waited to get married until I already was financially stable and more importantly I already had most of my toys. lol, I got married last year at the age of 33 and we bought our house two years ago. Before that I was renting with some people and sharing a house. Splitting the rent meant I had extra money for toys!!! You got me to break out that 59 RI and it is just an awesome playing, feeling, sounding and even smelling axe! I'm playing through my Carr Mercury using a Uni-Vibe Pedal and natural tube distortion. It's really an awesome sound! Check out the Carr Mercury Here:

http://www.carramps.com/mercury.html

and listen to some of the sound clips here:

http://www.carramps.com/sounds.html

Sweet huh??

Archived