Gibson Brands Forums

g 400 upgraded

alanssaab

well i spent this afternoon , putting new pots and vintage style wiring into the sg along with 2 iron gear hot slag pups , the outcome is excellent [cool] ,can't wait till tomorow to turn it up a bit and hopefully the new reflector knobs to fit the cts pots will have arrived :) i also stuck a couple of orange drops in it just now , im waiting on some pio caps as well :)

hi there alanh , i'm not sure how to do clips mate , not very good with computers [biggrin] but they have a couple of clips at the bottom of this page http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_032.htm , , you can get them covered for 27 quid or something ,i just got the black uncovered ones for the sg . as i said above although these are hot , the vintage wiring set up cleans them up nicely [blink] bhth

Alan

alan ' date=' i meant to say i put iron gear blues engine pups in my lp , they sound excellent [biggrin

as90 , go for it mate , they are much clearer sounding than the standard pups [biggrin]

I'll vouch for that [biggrin]

I had the pleasure of meeting Alan last week and was mightily impressed with the versatility of his LP with the vintage wiring and Iron Gear Blues Engine pups.

Compared to my stock LP, the difference was amazing!

Roll back the volume control and those babies are as clean as you like - while retaining oodles of good tone.

Roll 'er back up, and Kapow! there it is! - pretty much as good as it gets.

Gotta get mine done soon...

Pete.

thanks pete :) and when you get the bits in just gimme a shout and we'll get you'r lp vintaged up :) i'm still waiting for the vol/tone reflectors and the caps , maybe today :)

and if anyone in the uk is thinking about changing the pups on an epi , try these bad boys out , 1 it won't break the bank , 2 i think you'll be pleasantly surprised , 3 if you don't like them you can sell them on and you won't be too much out of pocket .. but i think number 3 is unlikely :-({|=

Archived