Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Goth LP with Floyd Rose

workerunit

I recently bought a Epiphone Goth Les Paul that appears to be made in Korea. I do not see many of these Goth models around that have the Floyd Rose bridge in them. Are they still making them? or does anyone know how many were made with the Floyd Rose bridge?

Hm' date=' I've never seen one with a floyd. Maybe an after market job?

I thought the Goth were made in China?[/quote']

Goths have been made for a while, with and without Floyds. Unfortunately I can't tell you when they were made with trems, but they definitely were made.

Hm' date=' I've never seen one with a floyd. Maybe an after market job?

I thought the Goth were made in China?[/quote']

The Floyd Rose Tremolo is a factory installation. The tremelo is marked "Epiphone" and "Licensed under Floyd Rose Pats"

I know that they still sell the regular Epi LP Goths with the fixed bridge, I was just wondering how rare was the Epi Goth with the Floyd Rose. I do not see many for sell either in CL or EBay. Serial number on mine is : I03070XXX which I beleive makes it Korean made, correct me if I am wrong.

ZZ Sounds and Musicians Friend still have them listed, but as discontinued. So my guess is that these are last years products. Epiphone just released an LP standard with a Floyd this year, and I believe they had the Alpine White version two or three years ago.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-with-Floyd-Rose?sku=518262

ZZ Sounds and Musicians Friend still have them listed' date=' but as discontinued. So my guess is that these are last years products. Epiphone just released an LP standard with a Floyd this year, and I believe they had the Alpine White version two or three years ago.[/quote']

Yes, the Alpine White studio with Floyd was in 2008:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo?sku=519398

I believe that the Goth with Floyd Rose was discontinued prior to that which would coincide with the Korean production of Workerunits guitar.

I believe that the Goth with Floyd Rose was discontinued prior to that which would coincide with the Korean production of Workerunits guitar.

That would make sense. It seems as though every year or so they release a different LP with a Floyd Rose.

LOL musicians Friend still has the Alpine White info up? Welp, I guess using old guitar listings isnt really a good way to deduce the model year. I think you got it right EpiEric!

Archived