Gibson Brands Forums

Do I take my ej200 camping this summer ?

Sy76

Hi can anybody help me out with the do's and dont's of taking a guitar camping ? Am worried about the warmth inside my tent , guitar will be in a soft case with silica bags to help with humidity but heard few stories of guitars warping in direct sun ! Will it be to hot in a tent for my epiphone was gona leave it car but that would be even warmer.. Hope someone can help !!!!

Simon

Welcome to the forum Sy !

i'd toss the silica bags, and not worry about a few days in a tent.......it's an all laminated wood guitar which makes it less "touchy" about humidity.

Just don't leave it out overnight where the dew will fall on it, or leave it too close to the fire for too long.

Treat it normally and enjoy it.

On a side note though, if you want to get a Hardshell Case for it (I recommend it) a shipment of Epi. cases has just arrived in the U.S. so NOW is the time to get it...........they may not be in the stores (Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc.) long before they sell out again.

I've started a thread in this forum with pics of MY new case........

Thanks for your reply ... I've been meaning to get a hard case for a while now so will check em out , am in the uk tho but will look for the hardshell epic case ..

Simon

Archived