Gibson Brands Forums

acoustic epi sighting on Letterman?

bloozeguy

Letterman last night, the guy playing with John Prine (yeah, I know I should know who he is!) was playing what looked to be an older model epiphone small-bodied acoustic. Looked like it had the old "Kelvinator" logo on the headstock. Any confirmation or data on the model?

Doesn't strike me as an Epiphone. The inlay on the headstock looks either like a bird with wings (akin to the Goodall logo) or a longhorn steer.

I have noticed Epiphones popping up on NBC's Thursday night comedy lineup, though. Dwight on "The Office" plays one and last week, Liz on "30 Rock" was playing an Epiphone.

Don't know the guitar' date=' but the guy's name is Jason Wilber. He's from Indiana, Dave's home state. Plenty of stuff about Wilber on the web.

[/quote']

Hang on, I don't think that was it. The act was billed as so-and-so with John Prine, and I don't believe that was the name. The guy playing the (maybe) Epi I thought was the other feature guy. At my age, though, the memory could be fading, so, ummm...huh...?

Like this?

AK4.jpg

The original 'Kelvinator' style logo goes back a few decades. Some had painted on logo of this bikini like shape. I believe, this illustration is of a re-issue of more recent vintage. I do not know when they made them.

Archived