Gibson Brands Forums

aj500re construction and electrics

groyniad

Does anyone know whether the AJ500re has genuine bone nut and saddle and a dove-tail neck joint fixed to the body with hide glue? I think I heard someone saying that the bone nut and saddle and the hide glue was just for the versions without built in electronics.

Also - I haven't been able to find a clear answer to questions about what the 'stereo' feature on this guitar amounts to. If I plug in to the 'other' jack I get random terrible noises - the standard jack works perfectly. Do I need special mixing equipment to take advantage of the stereo function of the instrument - or is there something wrong with my electronics?

thanks everyone

Does anyone know whether the AJ500re has genuine bone nut and saddle and a dove-tail neck joint fixed to the body with hide glue? I think I heard someone saying that the bone nut and saddle and the hide glue was just for the versions without built in electronics.

Also - I haven't been able to find a clear answer to questions about what the 'stereo' feature on this guitar amounts to. If I plug in to the 'other' jack I get random terrible noises - the standard jack works perfectly. Do I need special mixing equipment to take advantage of the stereo function of the instrument - or is there something wrong with my electronics?

thanks everyone

I do know that my new AJ500R came with bone nut and saddle, confirmed by my luthier. Hide glue would be hard to prove but I dont see why it wouldnt be so. The neck is also a dove-tail joint.

Archived