Gibson Brands Forums

String Buzzing

Jacksonb

Keep reading posts on sites like these' date=' and have a look at what is being talked about, on your own guitar without making unnecessary changes and you could be a guitar guru in no time.[/quote']

+1 I'm stupid and I can do just about anything now thanks to the people on this site.

Problem solved. Just had to raise the bridge. Its pretty high right now. but i shall take it into the store eventually to completely solve the problem. You cant hear the buzz over the amp. But can when not plugged in. No biggie. but ill take it any way..

Problem solved. And ill watch and see what they do.

Problem solved. Just had to raise the bridge. Its pretty high right now.

Problem solved. And ill watch and see what they do.

Gotta ask' date=' HOW high? Without fretting a note, what is the

distance between the TOP of the 12th fret and the BOTTOM

of the Low E string??? (In my mind I have this vision of 3/4") [confused[biggrin] [biggrin] .

Good that you will eventually get it to shop.

Please post what the tech did/says about what he/she did...

Actually lol. it doesn't buzz when i hit it light. and i mean really light. but when i actually strum, it still makes a buzz. I will hand it in, but on the bass side. the height of the bridge is, ( i lowered it, back to normal, because raising it made no difference) 2/4 on both sides. Raising it made, little difference

Actually lol. it doesn't buzz when i hit it light. and i mean really light. but when i actually strum' date=' it still makes a buzz. I will hand it in, but on the bass side. the height of the bridge is, ( i lowered it, back to normal, because raising it made no difference) [b'] 2/4 on both sides[/b]. Raising it made, little difference

:D[scared]#-o

Well, as you mentioned you bought it "second hand", there's no telling

how long it's been since it was set up properly, so a trip to the Guitar Doctor

is really in order here. Do you know what year it was made? If not, post your

serial number from the back of the headstock, we'll be able to tell you, and possibly

even where it was made.

Once set up, the difference will be unbelievable. Your guitar tech(s) will look like

this, they have extremely good hearing which helps them locate the cause of

many fret buzz problems:

roger_ballen_twins.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAH, Yeh I'm having my guitar lesson this afternoon. And i'm trying to contact them, to tell them about my problem, to see if they can do anything. Hopefully they have the skill to set-up my guitar.

My guitar's serial number is DW 05081717

I sure hope they don't look like that. If so, I bet they are hiding in a closet somewhere. maybe. But anyway. I'm sure the shop should be able to fix it, if not i have about another 3 places I can take it to.

Cheers.

TURNS OUT. AFTER MY GUITAR TEACHER LOOKING AT IT, THAT ITS THE NUT. THE "A" ONE IS TOO DEEPLY CUT. So yeh. I'm going to take it to this guy that makes guitars. And see if he will do it. Which he will, and maybe he will do a set up as well. Who knows.

But thanks heaps, My guitar teacher tried the truss rod. And said it was very loose. He left it at that but, hopefully this guy can fix it. He also told me to put a higher gauge on the strings, which has almost cut out the buzzing. But I would like a nut that isn't too deeply cut.

I think after I take my guitar to this guy, I will be holding a beastly insanely great SG-400 [blink]

Thank for the help Everyone.

Archived