Gibson Brands Forums

Got me a new Sherri, anyone know anything about this color

ratrob

I've been look at semi hollows and finally found a deal on a nice looking used Sherri at Rainbow Guitars, Tucson Az. I'm not a fan of the light natural finish but what I bought is more of a honey blond finish. Does anybody know anything about this finish? I've never seen it before and I've been looking at used Sherri's for a while now.

Also, I looked up the history on my guitar and found it was MFG in the Peerless plan in Korea 1998. I've read a lot about people owning Samick MFG guitars but haven't heard anything about this Peerless plant. Anybody else have a Peerless MFG Sherri? Anybody have any problems with their Peerless Sherri?

Thanks for any help!

[/img]

Dont know about Sheris, but hope this helps a little?

Peerless Korea Co., Ltd. is a Korean-Japanese joint venture company headquartered in South Korea and has been in the guitar-manufacturing industry since 1970. With the core expertise in guitar manufacturing initiated from Japan, Peerless has provided 2.9 million pieces of guitars in the worldwide market so far. Peerless had once manufactured 30,000 pieces of guitars per month in the past in order to meet the order quantity, however have gradually changed their focus from quantity quality. With this in mind they have cut down their manufacturing capacity to 2,000 pieces per month just to ensure the high quality of our products. Peerless produces guitars via OEM for brands such as Epiphone by Gibson, Alvarez, Hoyer and Gretsch by Fender. Note: While not explicitly stated it is believed that Peerless is part owned by Aria of Japan.

That 'Honey Blonde' is beautiful though!

Cheers,

I've been look at semi hollows and finally found a deal on a nice looking used Sherri at Rainbow Guitars' date=' Tucson Az. I'm not a fan of the light natural finish but what I bought is more of a honey blond finish. Does anybody know anything about this finish? I've never seen it before and I've been looking at used Sherri's for a while now.

Also, I looked up the history on my guitar and found it was MFG in the Peerless plan in Korea 1998. I've read a lot about people owning Samick MFG guitars but haven't heard anything about this Peerless plant. Anybody else have a Peerless MFG Sherri? Anybody have any problems with their Peerless Sherri?

Thanks for any help!

[img'][/img]

Peerless are excellent. Samick made almost all the early Korean Epiphones, around 1993 Epi started contracting with other manufacturers. That coincides with the new serial #s that begin with a factory code. In the mid 90s Samick was $300 million in debt and filed for bankruptcy protection in 1998. They were under court control until they were purchased in 2002.

I don't think Samick made many if any Epiphones during that period, other Korean manufactures like Peerless & Unsung picked up the slack. I never had a Peerless Sherry, but I had a Peerless Lucille & a Riviera, both were fantastic guitars.

ratrob,

CREDIT: From memory I gained my above Peerless 'Knowledge' from JM on a prior thread.

The Peerless factory code on the serial can be either P or R.

& FYI, my P90 equipped Peerless Epi LPJr. is an absolute killer!

Archived