Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for specific LP

fu2jobu

Looking for an LP body, Flat Top, Black Hardware, Trapezoid Inlays, no body binding,no tremelo, 2- volume and 2 tone pots, pickup switch selector in normal spot and 2 pickup routs. Looking around a little and haven’t been able to find this yet. Any help appreciated.

Looking for an LP body' date=' Flat Top, Black Hardware, Trapezoid Inlays and 2 pickup routs. Looking around a little and haven’t been able to find this yet. Any help appreciated.[/quote']

Sounds exactly like an Epiphone Special-II GT Electric Guitar (Worn Black)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SpecialII-GT-Electric-Guitar?sku=581886

Well I didn't specify no tremelo but didn't exactly expect it on an LP. So let me add no tremelo' date=' 2- volume and 2 tone pots, pickup switch selector in normal spot.[/quote']

Ooops, slightly mis-read original post:

ok - Closest you' ll comes the studio of Goth which is. But as for that after

being carved, it possesses. Flat-Top condition usually & When it is limited

to selection is limited simultaneously; "Special" The operation of LP and SGs.

Eh? Accidentally posted in "Engrish".... What I Said is:

The closest you'll come is a Goth Studio. But it has a carved top. The Flat-Top

requirement limits the choices as it is usually limited to the "Special" runs of

LPs and SGs.

Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar (Black)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517233

Bummer. Though I think I will be able to get away with a carved top it will just make my job a little tougher. I was hoping for the flat top to make the job a little easier on myself. Trying to do a paint scheme like this:

GT40LP-BlueOrange-BlackPickupCovers.jpg

Ok, change in direction....

As you didn't specify it HAD to be an EPI, and I now see the

end result you want, head for ebay/craigslist and snag an LP

Style "project guitar". In the end it would be less expensive than

purchasing a new git just for the black hardware.

Guitarfetish sells Black Tailpieces, bridges, and tuners for VERY

reasonable prices:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gistbr.html

Regarding ebay, I've already seen several LP Style gits that would

fit your needs.

Regarding your paint scheme, I can see SEVERAL weeks worth of work

ahead..... Are you an experienced git painter, or would this be your FIRST

shot "out of the gate"?

I LOVE projects, thinking about all the things to be done to replicate your

pics makes me go.....

rantgirl.jpg

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

I have painted a few before. I plan on trying some Clear Inkjetted labels for the F'log Symbol, Number in Circle and Front Grill. I will have to test print, spray with clear preserve then try different clear coats to see if they will work. Not holding my breath but if it does work it will save me many, many hours of time (and most likely frustration). If it doesn't work I am considering having it professionally done (with a matching Gibson in more conservative color scheme).

I bought a couple of the "chrome" pickup cover rings for one of my Epi's from Guitar Fetish. They were plastic chromed and the screws werent quite the same size as the original. I think I can find a used EPI for a decent price that will match my criteria (though of course a carved top).

I do have an Epi LP

ClownBurst.gif

that I killed off for my first paint job. I could use that but would need to replace the hardware. Plus I like to keep it around to remind me of the mistakes I made on that one.

You could just get the Epi Special II and change out the tuners, bridge and tail. It has the black open coil pups and I believe the black pup rings already.

Find a used one for around $130.

And enough with the mistake torture! Repaint the LP correctly and show it off! I'm waiting!!

Sheila

Archived