Gibson Brands Forums

Please Decipher Jimmy Page LP num 2

narc999

Hello Everyone,

I was looking at the jimmy page les paul #2 documentation and I was totally confused.

Can someone please explain to me the electronics and the purpose of the all the switches on this JP LP:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Jimmy-Page-Number-Two-Les-Paul/Details.aspx

what does reversing the phase mean and how does that affect tone.

Has anyone ever tried to modding their epiphone LP to meet these specs?

Just curious...

BTW: Is there like a white paper or something that can tell me the real cost of Gibson LP?

Breakdown of Hardware, Wood, Luthier cost per hour.

I am not all that convinced that it is worth the HUGE markup.

Just seeing if anyone did the analysis of this. Curious to see how much of a rip off these gibbys can be.

Thanks,

NR

Wiki is your friend:

1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard (No. 2) with a shaved down neck to match the profile on his #1; He added four push/pull pots to coil split the humbuckers as well as phase and series switches which were added under the pick guard after the breakup of Led Zeppelin.

Darren, I'd need a road map and a GPS to navigate through that maze! That said, I have decided that I will convert an Epi LP to the Jimmy Page wiring. Will probably drive me insane but will give it a go. If successful I will post photos of the operation.

Stewart B

Archived