Gibson Brands Forums

esonic 2 system

groyniad

I get low volume or output from the neck pickup (the 'nanomag') - which is the one I like best - and if I move the slider all the way to the left I lose output entirely. Anyone else have this problem with esonic 2 system?

I have noticed this on my DR500MCE. I don't think I lose the output completely, but it's significantly lower from the neck pup. I have been thinking about reaching out to Epi on this, but I have been super busy since I got the guitar and haven't had the chance to play it much...kinda out of sight out of mind..

• 4 years later...

I have a brand new Plek'd 2014 Masterbilt DR500MCE with esonic-2 that I have had for only 2 days. The Esonic-2 system is awesome, but I too do not get a great amount of volume from the nanomag neck pickup using the combination/mono jack and when I blend the neck and undersaddle pickups together. It seems like it is really biased to the nanoflex undersaddle pickup, and I have to slide the blender control nearly all the way over to nanomag only just to get a balanced sound. Once the sound is balanced, the overall volume is a lot quieter.

When I plug into the nanomag only jack, that is perfectly okay, and nice and loud. Way louder than when the blender is used in the shared jack.

Do I have a lemon??

Archived