Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!

Chris182

Finally here's my G-400 custom! i've been gassing on one for ages and now she's mine!

feels great and plays great but the little downside is that the gold hardware is already starting to wear off at the bridge and stop bar after only two days! oh well i guess it's the same for all gold plated hardware...

anyway enjoy some outdoor pic!

photo001io.jpg

photo003vf.jpg

photo004gi.jpg

photo005ev.jpg

WTF, Chris ... is this a NEW guitar?

I love the custom SG's myself, but if I'm looking at the photo correctly, it looks like a huge chunk of the gold plating has flaked off the bridge! I have seven Epiphones with gold hardware, several of these are almost three years old with HEAVY play-time, and none of them look like this. It's just WAY too soon!!!

It's a beautiful guitar, but if I were you, and unless there was some accidental damage to the instrument, I would be on the phone with the dealer arranging for a replacement. If it didn't come from a retail or internet dealer, I giuess there's not much you can do about it.

Sorry to be a bummer, man ... HNGD!

Jim

yes the guitar was bought new all wrapped up with all the goodies inside the box with the little plastic protector over the pickups. yeah i was kinda surprised of the quick wear off.... i bought it from a reputed dealer

i will go clear this up with them this week and see what they can do

Thanks for the concern MidiMan!

Archived