Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Tribute

dkratz

I just bought a Les Paul 1960 Tribute from Guitar Center. When I tried to register it, I was asked for a product code. I assume they mean a bar code. If that's what they want, where the heck is it? Its not on my sales slip. Also, can anyone tell me what gauge strings come on this guitar? Thanks in advance.

Look on the warranty pamphlet. On the back is a pre-pack checklist. At the bottom is a stick-on bar code. Look below the bar coded serial and there is another number. For my EB-3 bass it is EB03CHCH1...I THINK that's it.

Oh, BTW, congrats on the new instrument! I, too just today ordered an EPi LP 1960 Tribute in faded cherry burst from SDM. I figure it's the closest to a Gibby LP due to the mahog back and maple top which is the classic LP body construction.

The pickups are the '57 classics which should also help to get the LP tones. The addition of the push-pull for different tones will be new to me. Anxious to get my hands on her!

Look on the warranty pamphlet. On the back is a pre-pack checklist. At the bottom is a stick-on bar code. Look below the bar coded serial and there is another number. For my EB-3 bass it is EB03CHCH1...I THINK that's it.

+1

Red 333

Archived