Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Serial No.

GladToBeBack

In Feb of this year I bought a Les Paul Standard. I've had no issues with it, sounds great Grovers holding tune perfectly, but I wanted to look up the serial. All the typical SN formats I've seen online do not corespond to the number on mine. I have also looked it up on different websites and recieved "No Info Available" messages.

S/N: 09041500290

Anyone have any thoughts or input?

[quote name=China' date=' not the ideal place to have a Les Paul made I assume. I mean as far as Epi options go, isn't China the worst?

[/quote]

My Epiphone Les Paul Plain Top VS Standard was made at the QuingDao, China factory October 2007, when they still

had the EE Serial Numbers. I had no problems with mine, except a raise fret, which I had fixed. Overall, the quality

of my guitar is very good considering it was one of the earlier models coming out of Gibson/Epiphone's new Chinese

facility. The finish looks great and it plays really good, too. I had a local pro play it one night at a gig and he said,

"This is an Epiphone? Wow, this guitar plays and sounds really good! I wouldn't have thought it was one of those

Chinese models." I think that compliment said a lot about the guitar. Hey, I wouldn't worry about a thing if I were

you. It's a legit Epiphone and for the price you paid, you probably couldn't do better for that model guitar. With a good

amp and the right equipment, it'll sound just as good as many guitars out there that are more expensive. Also, a lot

depends upon how good the player is that's playing it, too.

Archived