Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Noobie with PR 350 SR

locoblanco

Hey y'all....I am a noobie to the forum and as of yesterday a noobie Epi owner....I picked up a 2000 Korean made PR 350 SR.....I am still getting it set up but was happy the way it sounded with old strings on it....just need to shim the bridge a little to eliminate small fret buzz....it has bone nut and saddle....I have scoured the forum and found a little info on the PR 350 SR but was wanting to get some of your opinions on this particular year and model....thanks for anything you might have.

Ship....I appreciate the reply....I tried the search that you suggested and found limited info....was hoping for some opinions from owners of the same model....one post that I found mentioned a lot of different model numbers and I am not sure where to find the additional model info....from what I can tell on the interior label there is no reference to anything except the PR 350 SR.....any help is appreciated and I hate to bring up an old topic that has been beat to death but I am pretty new to the whole forum thing and not sure if I am doing something wrong....thanks again for any help that the forum members might have.

No worries loco its just one of those guitars that have so many different yet the same model number ( over used in this case ) here is an old post from another poster.

Matsumoku. Since there is this often erroneous assumption that everything 70s and Japanese is desirable, it could explain why there's a higher book value on some PR-350 models (Some PR models were made concurrently in Japan and Korea until the early 90s though the majority were made in Korea where most Epiphone acoustic production was moved in 1983-the headstock logos on the two versions differ but otherwise construction is essentially identical model to model). I personally fail to see any significant difference between the Matsumoku (Japanese) and the Samick (Korean) models but as I said, there is often a faulty perception at work when dealing with Japanese-made Epiphones when compared to their Korean counterparts resulting in an inordinate premium placed on the Japanese-made guitars. Some Japanese-made models are exceptional while others are complete rubbish and this is also true of the Korean Epiphones. The country of origin is stated on the interior label as well as there being the differences in headstock logos so it's nearly impossible to confuse one for the other on that basis but as I said, beyond that I can't say I perceive any profound differences.

Larens

Topic: PR350 vs PR350S

By chance can you post some pics of yours ( photobucket its free and easy to use )ship

Ship....once again thanks for the response....I really do appreciate your time....I didn't realize the past post that I referred to was one of yours until I went back and looked again....

"PR-350 (Model EA35), (EA3C0), (EM35), DR-350S ( PR-350 S, Model EA05 )

DR-350 SM ( PR-350 SM, Model EO35 ), PR-350 SO ( Model EM35),

PR-350 SR ( Model ER35), DR-350 S LH ( Model EASL ) PR-350SL, Model EA2T )

DR-350-12 ( MOel EA2T, PR-350-12, Model EA3T )"

Obviously you do a lot of research on this matter....what is a good source for finding that kind of info....other than this forum and your post I haven't had a lot of luck on the technical info....lots of reviews on Harmony etc but very little technical stuff....thanks again....loco

Well loco its called being an old Sh** Bag, been around I guess a few years and have watched them come and go and you pick up things from friend's that you met here and there and you share all the info anyone askes for, nope I try not to do to much research on any guitar in particular I just share what I have.

I can tell you that its a decent enough guitar maybe a touch over built in my comfort zone but then some others have really liked them, for me a guitar is just a work thing and I try to get the most I can from any instrument.

So post some pics Loco and lets see what yours looks like.ship.......always glad to help, if I can and remember that anything I write is my own opinion only and not always shared by others.

Ship....I don't think you are a sh** bag....I have read too many of your posts and I think you are damn straight ...anyway....I appreciate your opinion....I have been playing for a long time but haven't played for many people for a long time so I am just getting other's opinions of what I have selected....I have my opinion but am always curious what other educated folks think....so far so good with the PR 350 SR but it is new so I will update and will send some pics tomorrow.

Thanks again....Loco

Dean....I agree and I enjoy the 350 more everytime I play it.....finally got the bridge and nut set and it plays pretty decent....think I will polish the frets and see if that makes it a little crisper.....thanks for the reply.....Loco

• 6 months later...

Archived