Gibson Brands Forums

Shattered Glass Epiphone

jrinredcar

Firstly im not an expert on guitars and have only been playing for about 3 years.

About a year ago I bought an epiphone guitar off a friend, but foolishly didn't check it out beforehand (not that it doesn't work, its something i should've done anyway) on the internet for reviews etc. So omly now I decide to look it up, but i can't find it anywhere or anything about it (probably because i would'nt know where to look in the first place).

-its a limited edition guitar

-it has a shattered glass effect

- the nmber/code on the back is MR01090313

Thanks this is great help if i get a response, as i may sell it in future, and id need a decent price range.

LesPaulEseries.jpg

I have one similar, an Epiphone Les Paul 'Extreme', serial MR01090412. I've never really been able to find out much about these, and I've never seen one since I bought it in about 2004. I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan Phat Cats, which perform much better than the original Epi humbuckers that it came with (I still have them though! They've got the Epi 'E' motif imprinted on the casing). Gotta say, I love this guitar!

Anyone know any more about these? I can't find which factory 'MR' stands for, but it does have 'made in Korea' decal on it on the back of the headstock, under the 'Limited Edition' design.

• 2 months later...

I have this exact guitar except the serial number ends in 0334. I believed for a while (I've owned it 8 years) that it was a fake because of the MR in the serial number and the Epiphone logo. The only other information I've managed to find on it with regards to serial numbers is from other owners here:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/58244-epi-lp-xtreme-uk-ver.html

http://guitargeek.com/chat/archive/index.php/t-89604.html

There seems to be little information about them - I find it hard to believe that Epiphone would have misprinted the serial number on all of them (apparently should have been MK) so I'm still not 100% it is genuine but it does indeed appear to be an E-series LP Extreme. No matter what it is I adore it!

LesPaulEseries.jpg

I have one similar, an Epiphone Les Paul 'Extreme', serial MR01090412. I've never really been able to find out much about these, and I've never seen one since I bought it in about 2004. I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan Phat Cats, which perform much better than the original Epi humbuckers that it came with (I still have them though! They've got the Epi 'E' motif imprinted on the casing). Gotta say, I love this guitar!

Anyone know any more about these? I can't find which factory 'MR' stands for, but it does have 'made in Korea' decal on it on the back of the headstock, under the 'Limited Edition' design.

Nuclear Collection

"This guitar has it all -- a select grade Indian Rosewood fingerboard, "Super-Slide" satin finish neck, the E-Series new "Ultra Hot" covered humbucker pickups with E-logo die-stamped covers, a Hard Maple set neck, sports the new "E-Wing" headstock, has an "E" logo inlay on the fingerboard, and comes in four aggressive nuclear colors." - Epiphone, 2001

The Epiphone LP-Xtreme features:

- E-Series "Ultra Hot" humbuckers with Epsilon logo die-stamped covers

- Chrome hardware

- Solid tonewood body with carved top

- Hard Maple set neck with "Super-Slide" satin finish

- Indian Rosewood fingerboard

- 24.75" scale

- Colors available: Black/White Crackle, Green/Yellow Crackle, Red/Yellow Crackle, Blue/Yellow Crackle, White Pearloid, and Black Pearloid.

I just read somewhere that the pearloid finishes were UK only. Just wondering what your locale is.

Anyone else have an LP Extreme Pearloid? If so, where are you located on the globe?

Archived