Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD (a week later)

philpm

Well, I finally got the Dot I'd been scraping money together for a while. Picked it up last Thursday, and got a helluva deal on it to boot. Shop was blowing out their floor stock Epi's, so I managed to snag this one for about a third off. I was hoping for one in natural, but I liked the cherry too, and for the price, decided I couldn't wait. Here are front and back pics:

http://yfrog.com/m9dsc05216ij

http://yfrog.com/j1dsc05218aj

I'm really just getting started all over again, though I've had several different guitars in the past. Now to scrape together the money for an amp.

Note: I tried getting the images in the post, but hadn't done it before, so I obviously didn't do something right.

That's pretty! Nice pics, too.

How is the sound acoustically? Just curious as I'd like to get a hollowbody in the future. I've never owned anything but solids. There seems to be lots of opinions out there about which hollow bodies sound better...Gretsch, Epi, Agile, etc.

Oh, BTW...if you click on the icon which adds a photo, you should be able to cut/paste the URL of your photos into it and they will show up in your post. What you posted is a link to your page...grab the URL of the photo which should end in .JPG.

dsc05216i.jpg

That's pretty! Nice pics, too.

How is the sound acoustically? Just curious as I'd like to get a hollowbody in the future. I've never owned anything but solids. There seems to be lots of opinions out there about which hollow bodies sound better...Gretsch, Epi, Agile, etc.

Oh, BTW...if you click on the icon which adds a photo, you should be able to cut/paste the URL of your photos into it and they will show up in your post. What you posted is a link to your page...grab the URL of the photo which should end in .JPG.

---------------

Thanks for the posting tip, that'll help next time.

It actually sounds very nice acoustically, a bit thin, but that's to be expected. All my playing on it so far has been acoustic, and will be probably for another couple of weeks until I can afford the amp I want. It's fairly loud too, loud enough for me to scare the cats. [smile] This is my first hollowbody, and I haven't tried any other brands, so can't be of much help to you on that, but the daughter is already lobbying for a Gretsch as my next purchase purely on looks. I've always loved the way Gretsch's look anyway, so I can be swayed easily on that, especially if it sounds decent.

over here more than 200€ cheaper than Gretsch :blink:

[cool]

Ouch! That's a pretty good chunk of change. There definitely isn't quite that kind of difference in price here. Have you tried a Swingster yet? I don't think I've seen one in the stores around me.

Archived