Gibson Brands Forums

A Les Paul does Duane Eddy

tommyb

Very nicely done, and thank you for the trip down memory lane. Actually saw DE about the time this song was top 40 on one of the "**** Clark Traveling Show" thingy's. DE, Fabian, Shirelles, you know, basically the American Bandstand tour. He did 3-4 songs, including this one. Thanks again.

Very nicely done, and thank you for the trip down memory lane. Actually saw DE about the time this song was top 40 on one of the "**** Clark Traveling Show" thingy's. DE, Fabian, Shirelles, you know, basically the American Bandstand tour. He did 3-4 songs, including this one. Thanks again.

My pleasure, Dennis!

You saw all those folks live? Wow...

There's a treasure trove of stuff on YouTube about DE...he now plays a Gibson HB that he had made especially for him by the Custom Shop. I think he's friends with the guy who runs the shop.

BTW, speaking of guitar gods, do remember Jerry Reed the actor from those "Smokey and the Bandit" films? I knew he played and was a recording artist (When You're hot, You're Hot, etc.) but I DID NOT know his expertise with the guitar was INSANE! HE actually did some stuff that his friend Chet Atkins stared at in wonder! [scared] It's a shame he left us back in 2008...I was a big JR fan and I remember when I got the CNN News item in my inbox back then I think I read it 3 or 4 times to make sure it was the same Jerry Reed that had passed away...a sad day for me. [crying]

Archived