Gibson Brands Forums

335 v.s 347

tattoo

If you mean, for each model, which are the best years or variants, it depends on what you mean by "best".

If you mean, of the three models, which is the best, there are no arguments really - just opinions.

The 345 has the Varitone which gets you a whole bunch of additional tones that kind of get you into single coil territory. It is also stereo. The newer ones have a regular mono out as well as a stereo option. The older ones require a stereo lead. Some people say a 345 is great for blues. I use mine for jazz. Many people never use the Varitone and do all kinds of ill-advised things to mono-ise their 345s.

347s have the high output Dirty Fingers pickups, TP6 tailpiece and coil tap switch. 347s come in mono and stereo. Many people chnage out the original pickups and the TP6 tailpiece.

Other things being equal, both models usually sell for a little less than the 335 on the second hand market.

Are you able to explain what you hope to achieve by replacing (or supplementing) your 335 with a 345 or a 347? What kind of music do you play?

RN

Well I wasn't replacing my 335 just interested in some opinions on the diferances, and what some peoples preferances were. I usually fiend for a new guitar once a year lol. The type if music I play is kind of a metal jazz fusiony stuff. You can check my band out at reverb nation or facebook the bands called "we are the metal god sin wagon"

Archived