Gibson Brands Forums

Paisley vs. TV J 45's

sternfan

Just wondering: Has anyone A/B'd a J 45 TV vs. the Paisley? I couldn't care less for country music and Brad P (I saw him with Mayer and let's just say that BP couldn't keep up) but I like the specs. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

I've played a couple of Paisleys and a few J45 TV both are sweet sounding both are based on the 1942 design both have

Adirondack red spruce tops which makes them both have exceptional tone.The TV has gotoh tuners as opposed to custom vintage tuners on the Paisley so the head stock balance is different.. the Paisley has a v neck profile which was very nice and IMO made for better playability although I'm not sure I liked the narrow nut might take some getting use to. I really liked the Fishman Ellipse Aura on the Paisley and it made a big difference in plugged in sound..the biggest difference was the price point between the two. Of all the the ones I played I would have to say the first Paisley was the nicest of the them.The second one wasn't quite as nice. I just bought the J45 custom simple because of the price point but if I had a choice I would take either one for the Adirondack red spruce [thumbup]

Archived