Gibson Brands Forums

Tolex Color Valve Jr Cab

Just signed up for the site and hate just barging in with a silly question right off the bat but, here goes: I am building a Pedal Board to finish out my rig. I have 2ea Valve JR Heads (modded) with 4ea of the matching 1x12 cabs. I want to build this Pedal Board so when it's finished out it looks like the head and cabs. The red tolex strip at the top, grill cloth the rest with the black tolex covering the sides, piping also. The board will look like the cab lying face up. Good home project. I have found what looks like most of the material (Mojo Tone, places like that) but does anybody know what the "red" color is actually called or where i can get some. Not trying to be anal about it but i do want it to be close to the color of the amps. Any help would be appreciated cause i have looked.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know how you've accessed your previous suppliers but if you poke around on Ebay through distributors there a bit I think you'll find it. I'm pretty sure I saw it at one time or another from somebody on there that even went so far as to list it as an Epiphone match. Lopo Line, Avatar, Zepplin...can't remember for sure other than I'm 95% sure I did see the stuff on there somewhere... Keep lookin'... and good luck!

Wedgie

Archived