Gibson Brands Forums

I need to bag my Hummingbird...

MENINBLK

Hello everyone,

Last year I purchased an Ebony Hummingbird for my 13 yo son.

He has been the talk of school since no one there has ever seen

such a beautiful guitar and he keeps it as clean as the day it came out of the box.

We are looking for a very good bag to put it in to transfer back and forth to school

since the original bag we purchased wore a hole in the bottom of it.

I was looking at the Epiphone EMBEFCS Masterbilt Ultra Light EF Style black case.

From what I have read, this bag will fit most dreadnoughts

Will the Ebony Hummingbird fit into this or will the bag be too big ?

If this bag is not the right size, does either Epiphone or Gibson have the right bag

for a Hummingbird that has the same quality and features of the EMBEFCS ?

Thanks,

Pete...

If it says it will fit a dreadnought guit tar, it should fit the Hummingbird as it is, by definition, a dreadnought.

I cannot seem to find details on the model you mention anywhere on the WWW.

However, I would recommend a hard shelled case, especially for taking it to school. Schools can be awfully hazardous places for guit tars.

Sweetwater has Epiphone's EDREAD HScase. In addition to have foam cushioning, this one will put plywood between his Hummingbird and random acts of violence, unintentional and otherwise.

There are compromise 'gig bags' that cradle the guit tar with semi rigid foam wrapped in faux fur, then the whole works is encased in fabric. Sweetwater has this Gator brand: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GLDread/ This would probably be lighter than a hard shell case, but offer better protection than the cheap wind-breaker dust covers which come with most low-end 'Gig Packs'.

I finally found a blurb about EMBEFCS.

It says it is designed for EF model Epiphones

EFs are shaped like this:

222_01.jpg

Your Hummingbird is shaped like this:

78_01.jpg

If this case is form fitted to the EF guitars, as stated, this case would be too tight in the waist for your dreadnought. I'd pass on it. Find a similar case for Dreads.

Okay, now I see the contour differences...

We are looking at this case since it has a big pocket on it.

I would think the Masterbuilt Dreadnought DR500M and the Hummingbird are the same size.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Ultralight-Masterbuilt-Dreadnought-Hardshell-Case-with-Hygrometer?sku=472540&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2285606

Pete...

Okay, now I see the contour differences...

We are looking at this case since it has a big pocket on it.

I would think the Masterbuilt Dreadnought DR500M and the Hummingbird are the same size.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Ultralight-Masterbuilt-Dreadnought-Hardshell-Case-with-Hygrometer?sku=472540&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2285606

Pete...

"...built to fit all Epiphone dreadnought..."

That's the phrase you're looking for.

Archived