Gibson Brands Forums

I.D help here please?

goldsworthy

OK, is this a joke.........if not.........

If you find an L-5CT in tobacco sunburst in the lot, let me know. I would be glad to help you value and sell the rest in return for the CT. I could give you the home phone numbers and cell phone numbers of the most notable and respected "vintage" guitar dealers in the US. But I wouldn't do anything until JimR56 chimes in. Hopefully some of them will be natural finished, and he's an expert on those!

By the way, exactly where do you store 300 guitars in a climate controlled environment?

OK, is this a joke.........if not.........

If you find an L-5CT in tobacco sunburst in the lot, let me know. I would be glad to help you value and sell the rest in return for the CT. I could give you the home phone numbers and cell phone numbers of the most notable and respected "vintage" guitar dealers in the US. But I wouldn't do anything until JimR56 chimes in. Hopefully some of them will be natural finished, and he's an expert on those!

By the way, exactly where do you store 300 guitars in a climate controlled environment?

Thanks for your kind offer! I will run it by my wife after all they are her property. The home the guitars are stored at is a 10,000 square foot 2 million dollar custom home. The finished basement was constructed especially to house these guitars as well as a recording studio. along with the guitars are MANY amps and control panels and lots of other music stuff. Her husband really enjoyed his music! I guess I was a lucky man when my wife agreed to marry me!. I was a $7.00 a hour guy at the time LOL. Anyway, I am trying to help her with this matter so she can "move along" in life so to speak.(and I want room for a nice bar in that basement!) Any help from the forum members here will be appreciated!

post-25416-064668400 1283773176_thumb.gif

The guitar on the left is an ES-175 in natural (blonde) finish. The next guitar appears to be an L-5 with a Byrdland neck, or a Byrdland with an L-5 tailpiece, also in natural finish. The one on the right is an L-5 CES in wine red finish. They all appear to be fairly recent manufacture, by which I mean within the last 20 years--the serial numbers can pin that down.

The value of the three together, assuming there's nothing weird not visible in the photo is probably about $15,000. If you've got another 297 like that, there's over a million dollars tied up in those guitars--well worth contacting a good dealer or even an auction house.

I'd love to see more photos.

Danny W.

post-9832-029871700 1283923542_thumb.jpg

The guitar on the left is an ES-175 in natural (blonde) finish. The next guitar appears to be an L-5 with a Byrdland neck, or a Byrdland with an L-5 tailpiece, also in natural finish. The one on the right is an L-5 CES in wine red finish. They all appear to be fairly recent manufacture, by which I mean within the last 20 years--the serial numbers can pin that down.

The value of the three together, assuming there's nothing weird not visible in the photo is probably about $15,000. If you've got another 297 like that, there's over a million dollars tied up in those guitars--well worth contacting a good dealer or even an auction house.

I'd love to see more photos.

Danny W.

(it is a quite overwhelming job!)

THANKS for the info! Along with these three I posted other photos later in the same post in case you are interested. There are so many guitars in the collection it will take time for me to photo more.

Archived