Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 1960 Les Paul DOUBLE Cutaway VOS???

dkbemb10

Guys I have a question and I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't find it. My

question is I'm seriously considering getting the reissue of the Gibson 1960 Les Paul Double cutaway VOS

in TV Yellow color. I've always like the TV Yellow finish but from all the pictures I can see on guitar

center and musicians friend there's a major difference in color between the VOS versions and the NON

VOS version. I understand that VOS means its suppose to look "worn in" and stuff but some pictures of

the VOS version almost looks like a brown color? If you look at the pics on guitar center, each picture of

the VOS makes it look a different color, so I'm afraid what color might show up.

So to anyone here that has one. How close in finish color is the VOS to the non VOS TV Yellow? Is it

just maybe the lighting they used for the pictures on the website? I'm just concerned cuz I want it

to be TV Yellow color rather than some faded brown color... I didn't know if they used a different

type of finish on the VOS to give it a worn in look that might have actually changed the color?

Also to anyone who has or played one... Let me know what you think of them... I haven't got a chance

to play one yet. I've just heard how good they sound on youtube vids and stuff...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Archived