Gibson Brands Forums

RTH, Epiphone Strat and Tele page

TommyK

I noticed your catalog matrix includes Epiphone acoustics, including the EO-1 and EO-2 'Nova' (Nuveau). Do you know much about them? These models come up on the the Epiphone Acoustics forum once in a while. What years were they manufactured?

Thanks for posting this info.

Tommy, I honestly dont know much about most of the guitars on the 1998 catalouge page. I included it with the strat guide because a lot of people seemed to want the info, but as of about two years ago, the only way to access it was now from the Wayback Machine on archive.org.

I dont know if you've ever used archive.org, but the wayback machine is not always very stable. So I included it in the guide for easy access.

Wikipedia says the Orville ran from 1988-1998. Not sure if that is just Gibson or if Epi is included.

Thats about the best I can do right now. Sorry.

http://en.wikipedia....ville_by_Gibson

The link is in RTH's signature line.

Epiphone did not use the terms "Tele" or "Strat" in any or part of their model nomenclature. The link does show that the Epiphone Telecaster like objects have model numbers beginning "T", and the Epiphone Stratocaster like objects begin with "S". Veiled, yes, thinly, yes. RTH just identified them using the obvious, thinly veiled, analogy.

My question was about some ancillary models he has on his matrix. The acoustic Orville EO models.

The link is in RTH's signature line.

Epiphone did not use the terms "Tele" or "Strat" in any or part of their model nomenclature. The link does show that the Epiphone Telecaster like objects have model numbers beginning "T", and the Epiphone Stratocaster like objects begin with "S". Veiled, yes, thinly, yes. RTH just identified them using the obvious, thinly veiled, analogy.

My question was about some ancillary models he has on his matrix. The acoustic Orville EO models.

That, and when people google for these guitars, "Epiphone Strat" and "Epiphone Telecaster" are the most common search terms used.

Archived