Gibson Brands Forums

got a 2005 1967 re-issue flying v for cheap!

fuzzybutt

a neighbor plays in a blues band and a couple of nights ago i was over there with my fender dg11e acoustic and he mentioned that he'd never owned an acoustioc but was looking to get his first one, so i offered mine to him to try and handed the guitar he was playing to me. well i just got it back from a local luthier getting the frets leveled and the edges files nice and smooth and it plays super nice, well he went nuts over it and said he just had to hav my guitar but he didnt really have alot of cash so he offerd the guitar i was playing at the time as a trade, well i just jumped at it! i have always wanted a flying v and this one looks like new, barely played. so i got a 400+ dollar guitar in trade for one i paid 125 for. i tried to tell him that the v was worth ALOT more than my fender and i should really give him something extra along with but he wasnt having any of it. after a little time spent getting the truss rod and intonation set just right, thev is the best playing guitar i own now! only change i want to make is to some better humbuckers maybe with the chrome or nickle covers.

Archived