Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone les paul ultra 2

Vuesterz92

Hi, the input jack plate cover on my epiphone les paul ultra 2 broke in half. I went to guitar center and sam ash looking for that part to replace the broken one. No one seem to have it in stock since this model guitar is the only one that uses this part. I have no idea of where to look, but i know that out there is someplace where i can find it. The picture of the part is in the picture attachment or i can post it on this page.

4bd0f4e934.jpg

The Lucille (at least) uses the same jack plate - albeit in black.

Easiest and most reliable replacement would be to get a piece of your preferred metal cut to shape. Would only cost peanuts and last forever. [thumbup]

Most engravers will be able to help (the kind that make plaques and engrave trophies etc.) Specifically, you might look for one that offers laser cutting services (although most competitive ones do.) Take your broken jack plate to one and tell them you want a copy of it cut out of aluminium, and they should either be able to make it for you, or point you to someone who can. [thumbup]

It will most likely require some post-production bending, but that isn't particularly hard.

Good luck!

Archived