Gibson Brands Forums

Humming W/New 65 Deluxe Reverb re-issue??help

St James

I HAVE MANY, MANY fender black faces and Ampeg 50'S AND 60'S AMPS AND love em.

Last night while playing I noticed that the re-issue was humming and it got worse as I tried to dial in my SWOLLEN PICKLE FUZZ PEDAL.

WHAT the HELL was going on?

I changed the way I had my pedals set up but for reason;s I have no idea I kept getting not only humming but lot;s a feedback.

COULD THIS BE A CORD ISSUE?

IT SEEMED LIKE I LOST MY GROUND IN MY 56 PAUL, When I changed to a HOME MADE STRAT with P-90 in it NO NOISE and when I played the 56 through my ORIGINAL DELUXE REVERB NO NOISE so can anyone give me something to start looking for as to what might have happened

I use the following pedals set up in the same way I'll mention them

PEDALS STARTING with Going from Guitar to the first pedal and then last to the amp

1 WAH WAH

2 VOODOO LABS SPARKLE DRIVE

3 SWOLLEN PICKLE FUZZ PEDAL

4 IBANEZ TS 808

5 BBE SONIC STOMP and then into the second in put so it makes it easier to control noise and feedback and overall tone.

SO does anyone see something in my set up that;s wrong???

Any ideas what I should check in the amp??? It is only 6 months old

Could I have lost grounding in the 56 Paul?>???

ANY AND ALL INPUT would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ST JAMES

Well First thing is first

have you try plug the guitar straight into amp to see if that it is the cord?

Have you try plugging in one pedal at a time to see which pedal might cause the hum?

Start with those to and see what happens.

Well First thing is first

have you try plug the guitar straight into amp to see if that it is the cord?

Have you try plugging in one pedal at a time to see which pedal might cause the hum?

Start with those to and see what happens.

I THINK IN A FRENZY I DID MOST OF THEM BUT I DID PICK UP MY BUDDIES CABLE TESTER.

I"M THINKING MAYBE IT MAY BE ONE OF THE ONE SPOT VISUAL SOUNDS CHAIN LINK THAT POWERS 8 NINE VOLT PEDALS

Thanks I'll do that today one at a ti9me I'll check the cables, then one at a time I'll add back in my pedals

BTW I did unplug it all and put the ax direct into the amp and it was QUIET as can be.

THANKS AGAIN.....

ST JAMES

PS does CCR mean CREEDENCE CLEARWATER??? IF SO I AGREE having grown up listening to them, and RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE being the soing of the infantry men in NAMN.

CREEDENCE IMHO is the BEST AMERICAN MADE ROCK BAND !!!!!!

• 2 months later...

If you do all those checks, and it returns with the one guitar, or one pedal, somebody's not polarized. You've got one of the most unreliable amps made today, and I would check all those slip on connectors inside the amp. Even the trannys have slip ons. Check to see if your pots and jacks are all secure to the chassis, they are very lightly built.

I'm not an expert on chains of effects, which is it's own boogie festival. Are all your pedals the same polarity? Bob

Archived