Gibson Brands Forums

More FREE stuff

jonnyg

• 4 months later...

Thanks jonnyg! [thumbup]

That's right, 500mb sound library, no strings attached! (well, maybe some guitar strings and piano strings...)

Yeah, and then I start thinking, this sounds quite good I wonder what the full version has. So after the Native Instruments "giveaway" I ended up buying Kontakt and after the Sampletank "giveaway" I ended up buying the XL version. I'm not sure I can afford any more of this "free" stuff. [crying]

Yeah, and then I start thinking, this sounds quite good I wonder what the full version has. So after the Native Instruments "giveaway" I ended up buying Kontakt and after the Sampletank "giveaway" I ended up buying the XL version. I'm not sure I can afford any more of this "free" stuff. [crying]

LOL! [laugh]

But have you gotten Sonik Synth 2 yet?

LOL! [laugh]

But have you gotten Sonik Synth 2 yet?

Happily (especially for my bank manager) synth sounds and modules are something that I have never been interested in. Real instrument samples, guitars, pianos, strings, drums (especially drums),I'm a sucker for, but the Moog leaves me cold. I am currently lusting after the Amplitude Fender plug-in though.

Happily (especially for my bank manager) synth sounds and modules are something that I have never been interested in. Real instrument samples, guitars, pianos, strings, drums (especially drums),I'm a sucker for, but the Moog leaves me cold. I am currently lusting after the Amplitude Fender plug-in though.

Sonik Synth does have a healthy selection of synth sounds comprising Bank about 2GB in Bank A. But it also has tons of real instruments, with about 4½ GB of real instruments in Banks B through G. Sonic Reality also did all of our Xpansion Tanks, which are dedicated libraries consisting of instruments such as piano, drums, bass, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, symphonic strings, world instruments, and more.

So Sonic Synth is really a lot more than just synth sounds. It has some of my favorite SampleTank sounds, like a couple really excellent ragtime tack pianos!

Guest BentonC

I'm a huge synth fan. Does the Sonic Synth focus on recreating classic synths, or is there a different method to the madness? It would be cool to see some really nice DX-7, Prophet 5, ARP 2600, etc. clones...

• 4 months later...
Guest BentonC

Aah, sorry then I can't help. Macs are so expensive in the UK compared to PC's that I actually don't know anyone who has one.

That makes sense. PC has come such a long way with audio applications recently that the whole Mac/PC argument seems to have lost steam anyways. I know plenty of great producers and engineers who prefer PC (Nuendo anyone?)

Archived