Gibson Brands Forums

ES-350t with Bigsby and master volume knob

El Giablo

I almost bought a beautiful '98 ES-350t. The guitar has a Bigsby and five control knobs. The toggle switch is mounted above the neck, and there is a master volume control knob in it's place.(below the neck) The serial number -90978005- does not match the Gibson database. (I called this week) My concern is, if there is no way to authenticate the custom wiring. What is it worth? Thanks, G.

• 1 month later...

I almost bought a beautiful '98 ES-350t. The guitar has a Bigsby and five control knobs. The toggle switch is mounted above the neck, and there is a master volume control knob in it's place.(below the neck) The serial number -90978005- does not match the Gibson database. (I called this week) My concern is, if there is no way to authenticate the custom wiring. What is it worth? Thanks, G.

I have an ES350T within 2 serial nos to yours but with "standard" wiring and buckers. I believe Gibson built a batch of these with variuos configurations. Over here in England E-Bay had one like yours going for £3000 if my menory serves. Whichever config they are great guitar with of course the 1 11/16 neck as opposed to the narrower version.

Finally I believe Jimmy Page owns one of that batch, a blonde version (like mine) but with P90s. Another variant

Good luck George

You need to get it authenticated first before you can set the value. If it's a one off that's a plus, if it's a mod, that's something else.

Some of those done in the 90s had a full 25 1/2" scale neck, which isn't really true to the vintage ES350T. The original "T"'s were less-fancy Byrdland's with laminated maple tops. Very cool guitars none the less.

Archived