Gibson Brands Forums

Which case for new Wilshire

silverjet89

Nope ... I tried it myself and an SG case will NOT fit. I'd say save yourself a lot of headaches and a few $$$'s too and just get yourself a generic rectagular case. A Roadrunner can be had for as little as $59.99 ... and I'm talking a solid case, not a gig bag.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, The SG case WILL NOT work for a Wilshire. I went to GC and tried quite a few different cases. The rectangular Road Runner fit BUT the angle was too shallow so the weight of the guitar was all on the headstock. Not good. I bought it but had to modify it too fit properly. Luckily, the neck rest insert is just held in by 2 screws. I shimed it up and screwed it back in. Now my Wilshire is safe.

I'm quite disapointed with Epiphone for not offering a case for this guitar. It's one of my favorite models but why no case?

Kirk

I'm quite disapointed with Epiphone for not offering a case for this guitar. It's one of my favorite models but why no case?

Kirk

Maybe because they felt odd charging 2/3rds the price of the guitar for a case to carry it around in. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make that Roadrunner work, Kirk. Those cases are a good deal for the money!

Jim

Archived