Gibson Brands Forums

A nice replacement P90 at a great price

DiamondJig

I received an email from WD Music with a 20% off entire order with code HALLOWEEN, so I was browsing the store and found this for $25 http://www.wdmusic.com/p90_pickup_cream_high_output_rw_rp.html in the clearance section Plus the HALLOWEEN coupon worked so I got 2.

ALNICO V MAGNET / D.C. resistance = 9.9K - Magnet dimensions in millimeters: 58 long X 3 thick X 12.5 wide.

This beefed up version of Kent Armstrong's already muscular WPU90CR pickup utilizes the sweetness of a pure alnico magnet. This pickup has the deadly combination of power and tone! A favorite among the WD staff and an excellent bridge position compliment to our WPU90CR. Cream Cover.

Reverse wound/reverse polarity.

I plan on trying them in my 50's Tribute and LP DC the P90 that come with them are not reversed wound

One of the most useful P90 pickups I ever tried was from Guitar Fetish. What makes it so useful is that they make it in humbucker size, so you can convert on so many more guitars instead of having to own one with the usual longer P90 size rout in it. As most of you may know, Guitar Fetish stuff is inexpensive, but the quality of what their pickups can do seems to be held in fairly high regard.

One of the most useful P90 pickups I ever tried was from Guitar Fetish. What makes it so useful is that they make it in humbucker size, so you can convert on so many more guitars instead of having to own one with the usual longer P90 size rout in it. As most of you may know, Guitar Fetish stuff is inexpensive, but the quality of what their pickups can do seems to be held in fairly high regard.

I have several GF pickups, a few sets of HB and mini's and one set of the P90 in the HB size called a Dream 90 which i don't care for too much, I do like the mini's and regular HB i got from them. Great price and build quality.

Archived