Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone custom shop limited edition

Rochester

I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. '57 Reissue. I can't seem to find a lot of info on this model. It has the custom shop limited edition stamp on it too. Does anyone know details about this guitar? Is it truly a reissue, in the sense that it is the same specs as a 57 Gibson? I would love a clarification on the custom shop thing too.

tom

Ok, first, the "Custom Shop" logo goes on all kinds of guitars, some that have a different than normal color for the line, or a limited number of units produced etc (such as the '57 reissue). The Epi LP Jr '57 Reissue is "supposed" to be to the original specs of the Gibson '57 LP Jr. with the exception of the headstock, electronics etc. but the basic design should be approximately the same. That is a nice guitar. I've been looking at them for a while. They look to be well built units. Post some pics if you have some. I sure would like to see it!

Good buy!

Those set-neck '57 RIs are sweet little guitars, very well made and hard to find these days. The body is thicker and heavier than the other bolt-on juniors, and it is solid mahogany, not plywood.

I have a sunburst version, and it's a great player, the only complaint I have is that th P90 needs a shim to get it closer to the strings.

More info on Jrs here: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51047-les-paul-junior/

Post some pics when you get a chance, and HNGD!

• 4 months later...

Some pics of the Epiphone Les Paul Junior '57 Reissue. Lots of people seem to swap out the pickup and tuners, but I have given them a chance, and so far I see no issue with them. This guitar has some real heft to it...not a lightweight. I love the simplicity and yet it is pretty versatile.

post-25502-044663900 1299427810_thumb.jpg

post-25502-024968700 1299427821_thumb.jpg

post-25502-066743100 1299427868_thumb.jpg

Archived