Gibson Brands Forums

Spare parts for my Epi (G400 / Goth)

MrSaint

Ok, so I have managed to intonate the guitar perfectly now (thanks for all the great tips everyone!).

But when I was adjusting the saddles, I noticed something disturbing - the retainer that is holding the 6 screws in place seems to be damaged somehow.

What I did was I went to Jam (local music store in Stockholm), and compared the retainer on one of their used ones.

Mine seems to be bent out of shape a little, so, when tuning / turning the screws they can be pushed "forward" or "back" in their seats / positions.

I have added 2 pics of the bridge, from 2 different angles. The pics are a bit out of focus (bad camera), and the flash is not working, so I had to use an external light source: DSC00459.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

I'm not very good with todays cameras, rarely take pictures at all. I don't know how or where the makro function on the camera is.

But if you look closely, you will see, it isn't exactly where it should be.

Now.. Does this part need to be exchanged? If "yes", where online can I find spareparts for it that can ship/send it to sweden (best if country is within the EU / Europe)?

Thankful for any replies given

Well on the bridges I've seen with the wire retainer, it only holds the end of the screws DOWN so the saddles don't fall off when you break or change strings. They have some "end play". Nothing to worry about unless you can lose a saddle or it's hitting strings etc.

Well on the bridges I've seen with the wire retainer, it only holds the end of the screws DOWN so the saddles don't fall off when you break or change strings. They have some "end play". Nothing to worry about unless you can lose a saddle or it's hitting strings etc.

Thanks for the reply, gearhead. Well then atleast I can stop looking for a replacement part. Spoke to my local luthier, and he said it's a pain in the "bottom" if you want to change it aswell..

Archived