Gibson Brands Forums

serial number help 335td

ke3ee

The serial number on my es335td is 173347. She has the diamond shaped made in Kalamazoo sticker inside the upper F hole.She is walnut. looking thru the various serial number pages.. I can figure out if she's a 1965 or an early 70's. Any thoughts? Thanks Robb

The serial number on my es335td is 173347. She has the diamond shaped made in Kalamazoo sticker inside the upper F hole.She is walnut. looking thru the various serial number pages.. I can figure out if she's a 1965 or an early 70's. Any thoughts? Thanks Robb

sorry not a response to your post and dont mean to hijack the thread but saw your list of guitars , I just got a huss and dalton dr-h and love it, how do you like yours?, what type of music do you play on it?

Hi, congrats on the Huss and dalton. Mine is serial #452 made in their 3rd year. they just shipped number 3100 and hit the 15 year mark. My D-rh is simply the finest acoustic guitar I have ever played. I've owned Martin's , Gibson's and a couple of other's but none have ever felt as good, played as easily and of course sounded as good to my ear. I play alot of Eagles, Van Morrison. Etc..

Quick general reply on topic.

A 60's model would have no headstock volute, or "Made In USA" stamp, a 70's model would have one or probably both.

Archived