Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone SG Nightfall?

SG7467

I haven't heard anything about one. Were you interested in the Floyd, or more in the pickups and coil splitting options?

If it's the latter, You could buy a G-400 Goth and switch out the pickups for genuine, active EMG 81TW bridge and 89 neck pups and push/pull pots and have an even more killer guitar tonally than the HZs in the Nighfall for a little bit more dough.

If it's the Floyd, I'm not sure there's ever been a factory Floyd on an SG, but I cold be wrong.

If it's the Floyd, I'm not sure there's ever been a factory Floyd on an SG, but I cold be wrong.

Me either, and I wish they would. Its the only thing keeping me from completely and uncontrollably GASsing for an SG. I used to have an 80's Norlin era Gibson SG with a Kahler tremolo. Loved it! I've seen plenty of SG retro-fitted FR trems on the internets, though.

Actually, it's the whole package I like. I thought it would be really cool to have an SG with EMG coil splitting pickups and a FR. You could do some major damage with that guitar. Plus the price on the current Les Paul model really isn't bad.

Archived