Gibson Brands Forums

Releasing an EP

Silenced Fred

Thanks guys.

Yeah yeah, less time around here. I'm a full time student, full time journalist, and this is gonna eat up whatever free time I have, looks like a rockstar drug habit is in order [flapper] (totally kidding on that one...)

It's gonna be a lot of work, but I think it could pay off. Over break, we should get it done.

Most places around here charge a 7 dollar cover charge and its usually about 4 or 5 bands on the table. You get a dollar per person you bring in. Start out small. Most of these places are just people doing covers, so original stuff would be a change. I am torn on what to do about my job on the college newspaper. I mean it just eats up so much time, but a regular pay check is nice...

Its gonna be fun though, we want to try and do a mini tour of the surrounding areas sometime (I know its thinking far ahead, but its just a thought)

From some of the stuff that I have shown people, they liked it. The other good thing is, my high school's newspaper is probably going to do a story on us sometime soon. Getting out there more

Not to rain on your parade, but I have heard that to get started you need to play a few free gigs, in order to gain a following.

If you do, make sure you get your name mentioned a bunch so the audience knows who you are. A banner for the stage and outside the venue door would help.

Business cards.... to pass around.

Archived