Gibson Brands Forums

72mm bridge post spacing leads?

SHERNAGH'91

post-27263-019977100 1290280224_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any current intel on tune-o-matic bridges with 72mm post spacing? I see WD music in the UK seems to be the last to offer them, but it appears they no longer carry. Feels like us late 80s, early 90s Samick-made Sheraton II owners are on a frustrating global chase for a 72mm bridge. Everytime I get to the place where they were last spotted they've fled to another corner of the planet.

A 72mm bridge and 80mm stopbar are the final things I need to complete the mod on my blonde 1991 Sheraton II - so far have put in Classic 57s, Grover tuners, Graphtech nut, and all new wiring, toggle, pots, connector, etc.

Thanks for the link. That seems like a good way to go, especially since what I want is to get a top-of-the-line bridge for the guitar and not just something that fits. Can imagine I'll mess up the first few attempts at building my own offset posts, but 8mm threaded posts are cheap enough at the hardware store to experiment on. Cheers.

Some of the other guys here have done some really cool mods and have kept a record in the "do it yourself" thread over in the Epiphone lounge. it might be worth checking it out. there are some really talented guys here when it comes to mods and techie stuff !

post-27263-019977100 1290280224_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any current intel on tune-o-matic bridges with 72mm post spacing? I see WD music in the UK seems to be the last to offer them, but it appears they no longer carry. Feels like us late 80s, early 90s Samick-made Sheraton II owners are on a frustrating global chase for a 72mm bridge. Everytime I get to the place where they were last spotted they've fled to another corner of the planet.

A 72mm bridge and 80mm stopbar are the final things I need to complete the mod on my blonde 1991 Sheraton II - so far have put in Classic 57s, Grover tuners, Graphtech nut, and all new wiring, toggle, pots, connector, etc.

Get a standard spaced bridge, Gotoh is pretty good, and slightly enlarge the post holes about 1mm each. I've used a drill with a bit slightly smaller than the hole, a little pressure on the inside of the hole, it doesn't take much. One forum member did it manually with a round file.

Get a standard spaced bridge, Gotoh is pretty good, and slightly enlarge the post holes about 1mm each. I've used a drill with a bit slightly smaller than the hole, a little pressure on the inside of the hole, it doesn't take much. One forum member did it manually with a round file.

Nice one Jerrymac [thumbup] that really opens up the possibilities.

That's brilliant. It's so obvious that almost everyone has overlooked it. Didn't Einstein say something along those lines, the correct answer to even the most complicated problems is usually the simplest?

Archived